High Performance Computing on ICDS-ACI
The Institute for Computational and Data Sciences provides high-performance computing solutions through the Advanced CyberInfrastructure (ICDS-ACI) system. ICDS-ACI is Penn State’s high-performance research cloud and is available to Penn State Principal Investigators and their students, post-docs, researchers, staff, and sponsored guests (sponsored guests require a Penn State Sponsored Access Account).
ICDS-ACI is a complex system with a full-service website. Visit the ICDS-ACI Getting Started page for more in-depth information.
- This is an active service
- Detailed eligibility requirements are available in the Policies section of the ICDS-ACI website
- Broadly, ICDS-ACI may be used by Penn State Principal Investigators and their students, post-docs, researchers, staff, and sponsored guests; sponsored guests require a Penn State Sponsored Access Account
- Researchers should always foreground data security considerations when designing research projects
- ICDS-ACI is one of the university's approved sites for the hosting of Level 3 data, but researchers should consult with ICDS-ACI staff prior to storing any Level 3 or Level 4 data on ICDS-ACI systems
- Information on costs can be found on the ICDS-ACI Service Details webpage