Desktop Computers (and Laptops, Tablets, etc.) for researchers and their staffs are most often obtained via a Local IT unit (College IT, Campus IT, or Institute IT, as the case may be). Desktop Computers are in some cases provided as a basic service by Local IT. In other cases, Desktop Computers may be procured with research-specific funds (assuming the costs are allowable under research accounting principles, and in keeping with the agreements of the funding).
Contact your Local IT Unit for more information.
This service is part of the Computing category.
- This is an active service
- There are no special eligibility requirements
- Desktop Computers generally require network connections; oontact your Local IT Unit for more information
- All desktop computers should be professionally secured and operated in accordance with Penn State Information Security Policy AD-95 and its associated standards
- Costs will depend on the specific desktop computers being acquired, and on the policies of the College and/or Department
- Contact your Local IT Unit for support for your desktop computers